Wednesday, September 24, 2008

All is Well on the Floor Project

The flooring project is going quite well. It's mostly finished, except for trim and transitions. The laundry room is coming along nicely too, and the platform is built.

Haven't begun the new bathroom yet, the den (man cave!) needs trim and bookcases, and the guest bathroom needs painting, also the back porch... are you ever really done? Especially when you have a bad case of what my friend calls "While I'm At It" Syndrome!

It doesn't help any that every one is leaving! Our oldest son, who is going to do the phone and computer networking stuff, is going to Georgia for the weekend to do some hiking and camping. Well, it's his birthday tomorrow so he gets a buy, I guess. Our middle son, who is doing - well, just about everything! - is going to Galveston to help with the clean up. Even our youngest son, who isn't currently working on his parent's house, is leaving Tuesday for 2 weeks in Bulgaria and Greece! (For a missions conference and retreat). At least my camera gets to go. My camera is well-traveled.

Please forgive me for not visiting and leaving comments much right now, I'm SWAMPED! And don't even get me started on what all the poor garden needs. Well, actually, do get me started, or stuff is gonna start dying. I need to do some industrial-strength weeding. When I surface for air, I'll come visit again, I promise.

6 comments:

Cherdecor said...

Your floors look beautiful! I really like them. I bet you are loving them.

Your laundry room looks nice too! You are so lucky to get all this work done.

This is a busy time of year with trying to get the vegetables packed away and projects done.

Blessings,
Cheryl

Jenny said...

Good for your son, going to help in Galveston! My brother and his family live there. My camera gets to travel a lot too! And don't worry ... all your blog buddies will still be around when you've got more time. The house looks great!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

The floors look great.

I'm so behind in the garden too. It's embarrassing.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Trace! The place looks gorgeous. And I absolutely LOOOVE your kitchen!! Love the red. Such drama. Good for cooking. ;)

Weed when you're feeling otherwise bored. It'll give it purpose. Hah!

Thanks for the lovely anniversary wishes. I only hope we have as many years of happiness as you & your husband. It just keeps getting better.

xo

Stink Bone Jones said...

Your house looks wonderful! Lots of hard work!

Happy Birthday to your forever baby boy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always look forward to comments, they make me smile.

best wishes,
jaime

Sparky said...

Wow, your laundry room looks great! I just recently had mine moved from inside the house to an room off the carport. One of my smarter moves. :o) It's MUCH quieter inside now.

Loved your blog. You are very talented in so many ways. Thanks for coming by and signing mine. Drop by any time. The door's always open. God bless ya gal! ♥ ∞

Related Posts with Thumbnails