Monday, October 17, 2011

Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine

I have been enjoying the old hymns so much lately. 
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Sweetest Name I know, Fills my every longing, keeps me singing as I go," 
"I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today, I know that He is living, whatever men may say; I see His Hand of mercy, I hear His Voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him, He's always near... He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today; He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way..." 
And so many others are old friends with a dear, familiar message. I love the old hymns because they come from a deep place of Christian maturity. I love the way they sum everything up in a few short stanzas. They tell of how I was lost until Jesus found me, how I can serve Him here and how He fills me with hope of a home in Heaven with Him for all eternity. I've been singing these hymns for most of my 50 years and they are spiritual meat that sticks to the soul. 
A philosophy you can live with is all very well, but the real test comes if you are willing to die with it. That's what I love about Jesus. He gave me a peace beyond understanding, joy that goes deeper than happiness, contentment in all circumstances, and He won the victory over death, so I have the calm assurance of a home in Heaven with Him! Perfection. Now that's a philosophy I can face life and death with.
 
 
 

7 comments:

Sassy Granny ... said...

As much as I enjoy today's Christian music, there are few songs that touch the heart like "The Old Rugged Cross", or "It Is Well With My Soul", and so many others. I think that's why I enjoy the Gaithers so much.

Merle said...

Dear Tracie ~~ Wonderful post and the old hymns are lovely Your faith and love for Our Lord is so evident.
It is so sad that our countries have removed all sign of God from our governments and the only answer to the many problems is to bring Him back and He will set things right.
I am so glad you enjoyed The Rain story and the jokes. Take care,
Love, Merle.

rhymeswithplague said...

Excellent!

Connie said...

you are such a fine example of faith and endurance and all things good...thank you!

Rosezilla said...

Thank you, Connie dear, but it's not me that's good, it's Him!

♥●• ─░zdiher •●♥ said...

So beautiful.
Hope you doing well my friend:).

robert said...

Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Great to hear you enjoy the traditional hymns and gospel songs of the church.

I encourage you to check out my Wordwise Hymns site. There are over 600 articles on there, covering about a thousand hymns, plus many related topics.

Just today, I topped 135,000 visits, from about 190 countries of the world. It shows how your love of hymns is shared by many, many people. God bless.

Related Posts with Thumbnails